Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Indexing and Searching

So with Blosxom I can generate static HTML pages which load very quickly, particularly for putting up on my other web site. The problem I've been thinking about is that the static pages aren't searchable using the search plugin in Blosxom.

One solution might be to hack the plugin.

But maybe a better one is to just make sure the static pages are linked in so that Google indexes them and makes them searchable. Then, I think I can put up a search link/button that will search my site. There's a published way to do that.

So with that idea I can continue to use Blosxom for posting new posts and have a somewhat manageable archive.

OR, I can switch over to Blogger and let it handle everything (for example).

Another option is to do both. End Monolith Daily and put it up using the first approach, then begin blogging anew here.

One problem is that I've tried searching for words in these posts and can't find them. Maybe it has to wait to be crawled?