- It addresses many of my technical concerns about communication almost perfectly.
- But then the federation approach, while completely appropriate and I think a good thing, may dilute it's effectiveness in meeting my communication goals.
- But maybe not. The federated approach may give you a single closed system for corporate communication. The problem is that it's not sender-stored but, instead, there's a lot of information exchange.
- There are **lots** of bells and whistles. Granted, they are all amazing. Still, they don't quite align with my personal preference for minimalism and simplicity. 8-(
- Ah, a major concern: The data interchange between clients is very rich and heavy. Well, it seems so.
More to come.