Friday, November 13, 2009

Timbuk2 Bag



I recently came into possession of this Commuter Bag from Timbuk2.  (Actually I think mine is the version just before this one, the laptop compartment doesn't zip all the way open like that).  It's very impressive but I also like my current Targus bag!  I seem to be blessed lately with solutions to problems that I don't have.

The Timbuk2 is notably more comfortable, the shoulder strap is the nicest I've seen on anything,  and the corduroy inside of the laptop section is nice (and functionally protective).  The new anti-TSA (hassle), open out section sounds really nice but mine doesn't have that feature.

The Timbuk2 shoulder strip has a big pad and the strap slides through it easily and freely, making adjustments very simple to do.  The strap-length adjustment (on one side) has a little fold-out lock with an attached pull string, making that easy to do, also.

But I still like the little CD case the Targus has along with the extra divider in the “paper” section, i.e., the place where I stuff papers.*  I also like the access pocket on the front and the similar pocket in the back.  I don't think the Timbuk2 has any pockets on the outside other than the water-bottle nets.  That is, unless you count the laptop section which unzips without having to open the big messenger-bag flap.

I'll probably end up using them both somehow, though I'm not sure how yet.

Anyway, if you are looking for a laptop bag, I highly recommend both of these.

__________
* I know I said I'm paperless.  Typically I stuff legal pads**, magazines or something like that in there.

** Okay, fine.  Legal pads are paper, too.  But sometimes you just need something to write on.  I don't have to keep the paper!