Saturday, February 13, 2010

Digital Photography

I have to say, I'm not convinced that unloading, editing, cropping, fooling around with color corrections, uploading, organizing, adding captions, publishing on-line, putting them in the blog, etc., is less time-consuming than mixing D-76, stop bath, fixer, loading the tank, printing contact sheets, etc., etc.

Or at least dropping rolls of Kodachrome in the mailers and sending them to the Kodachrome lab was pretty easy.

But, yeah, the finished product is different.  I guess it's apples and oranges.  Still, there's no push button convenience to be found here.  Where are the Jetsons when you need them!

Truth be told, there's something I really miss about the equipment, chemicals, working with light of an enlarger, etc., though I don't think I could ever go back.