Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The New Facebook Interface

Poll Question:  How do you like the new Facebook interface?   (Love, hate, etc…)

The truth is, I'm fairly neutral.  I've never liked using Facebook, though I'm completely at a loss to explain why.  Trying to look at it objectively, it seems like a reasonable design and I can't think of a single suggestion to improve it*.  Maybe I haven't really given any though to the latter, but just try to log off as soon as possible.

Finding things in the old interface was like going on a hunting expedition and that's true in the new one, so not much has changed for me.

But, interface and usage aside, there are some things where I think Facebook (or something similar) is perfect!

  • People can only talk to you if you let them and you, presumably, know who they are.

Okay, I could only think of the one, but it's critical.   This is how Facebook is better than email.

__________
*  Okay, I just thought of two suggestions.  I'll put them in the next blog post.